Monday, August 10, 2009

Change

Change happens to everyone. It's inevitable. However, change is not what makes a person who they are, it is how that person reacts to the change.

In the next few weeks of my life I will be undergoing a big change that will effect my life significantly. Now I have weighed the pros and cons, but still cant help but to feel that I am losing so much more than I am gaining. It's that time of year again, and after seeing my girlfriend for almost 3 months straight, I must go back to school, where I can only visit her once every few weeks at most. Part of me, actually most of me, asks myself why I decided to choose the school farthest away from home.
But change is not all bad. If relationships, and anything in general, were easy then they would not be so highly sought after. Every relationship has its own set of complications and challenges that the two people involved must overcome together. I know personally that I could not ask for a smarter, more mature, more confident and trustworthy person to go into this with.
I think the important thing to remember here is that the longer you are away from someone the happier you are when you finally get to see them again. It really incredible how much distance can strengthen a relationship at times. As long as you trust the person you are with and truly care about them, like I do, everything will work out

2 comments:

  1. hey! i'm a sophomore in college too. i really like your blog. and i agree with what you've said about change. it can be positive or negative, but ultimately that decision rests with you. good luck and i look forward to getting to know you. check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not that I don't agree with most of what you say, I do. I'm a junior in college and I get alot of what you say. But Me being me, I must argue a point. I have been through tons of change, all very quickly too. And I do not want to be judged by the way I reacted to each event. I would rather be judged for the lessons the change has put me through and how I have bounced back each time, of having acheived the act of finding myself after losing myself.

    ReplyDelete