Sunday, July 26, 2009

There are moments in our lives that really take our breath away. Often times we do not know when these moments will occur how long they will last, or how many we will have in our lifetime. I would like to think that we get a few in our lives, one would be too little and any more than a handful would desensitize us to such an amazing feeling. Recently, I had my first real moment like this, and I will never forget it.
Its funny the way things work out sometimes. Sometimes the most frustrating of nights can suddenly turn into incredible experiences. A place where you sat and thought in frustration for hours can turn into a sanctuary of tranquility where everything becomes clear and you finally have peace of mind. For me that was my car. I sat in my car 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30 as I watched the minutes pass as slowly as hours from my drivers seat. Although this was not her fault, I was still frustrated because I would not be able to see her for a few days and I really wanted to get the most out of the time I was going to spend with her. I took deep breaths and let the frustration gently pass through my body rather than let it build up in anger, because I knew it was not her fault and there was nothing she could do about it. Knowing it was the fault of a 3rd party, I patiently continued to wait.
Finally, at around 12:30, I was able to see her. She found where I was and pulled up along side of me. She knew I was sad that that our time had been cut so short, but the sadness was overcome with overwhelming joy when I was finally able to see her.
We moved to somewhere more private and began to talk. Because it was so late, and there was nowhere else to go, the back of my car became the venue for our conversation. Now I know what your thinking, and yes the backseat of a car is not the most beautiful of places. But you see, that's what a I mean. These moments they just sneak up on you and it doesn't matter where you are. You could be in a damp dark smelly disgusting room or laying on the beach watching the sunset it doesn't matter when it happens it happens and there is nothing you can do.
So let me get back to my story. We were sitting there, talking, kissing, hugging, and I can honestly say that in the middle of everything I stopped, even if it was just for a second, and looked at her. However this was not a normal look, and I don't think I had ever looked at her this way before. She looked beautiful, as she always does, but there was something special, something different. It was as if for that moment, for that split second when we looked at each other, nothing else mattered. It was almost as if the windows of my car blocked out everything and anything bad in my life. Arguments with my family, college fears, any pain I have ever felt in my life was gone, and I just felt like there was something about this girl that separated her from anyone I had ever known in my life before. Everything was so clear and there was not a shred of doubt in my mind that this is where I should be at this very moment. A second later the feeling was interrupted by the sounds of kids in loud cars, but nevertheless, it was something that made me happier than I have ever felt before.
Now I know, your thinking I am out of my mind, corny, and maybe even a little femanine. If your in the category of those who feel this way, you have not experienced what I have yet. However, if you are in the category of those who know the feeling. I am telling you to really take it to heart and rememeber it for a long time because it is something very important and no matter what happens to you physically or emotionally for the rest of your life, that memory will always be with you.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, there really are moments that take our breath away. I also have a blog of mine you can follow called www.inkladendiary.blogspot.com come follow and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what you had to say!

    I just started blogging, just about my life and stuff.

    Follow if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sooo sweet! I bet she loved to read that!

    ~Michelle
    http://youaresooonotalone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous description of a moment of pure emotion. I have known some like those, we all have, and to be able to put it into words is a gift.

    Thank you for sharing. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your story was beautiful..i wish i could have felt something like that.Which college are you in?

    ReplyDelete