Saturday, July 11, 2009

Your Newest Question

Okay so I am going to change it up a little today. Recently I have received emails from a few people asking me about my girlfriend. I have brought her up from time to time and its understandable that people want to know about her and to help things I write in the future maybe I should talk about her a little. It's kind of a long story though so just give it a chance.
Me and her have known each other about 4 years. When we first met, I tried constantly to be with her but it seemed she was not interested. I spent the next two years trying from time to time to show her how I feel and prove she means a lot to me but time and time again I seemed to come up short.
Finally the summer of my senior year I began to spend a lot more time with her. I was seeing her a few times a week and it seemed like we were getting closer. Unfortunately, I was too nervous to try and kiss her or tell her how I felt. Days when we hang out came and went without me making any kind of move, and I began to feel like I was going to go to school without telling her or showing her how I feel.
Finally, with one day left, I decided I needed to know what was going to happen. We sat around her house the whole day and even though neither of us said anything, there was the subtle undertone that we both knew I would be gone for the next three months. I sat there with my arm around her, just looking at her, thinking to myself that I will never get another chance like this again.
I looked at the time and realized that I had to leave. I asked her to walk me to the car and right as I was about to let go from hugging her and get in, I decided I had to try. As corny as it may sound, I asked her to kiss her, and she said yes. For years I had built up all these high expectations about what it would be like actually kissing her and actually being with her. I also wondered if I actually cared about her or if I was getting the fact that I was always getting denied by her make me think I cared about her more than I actually did. All these thoughts raced through my head, and then it happened. I kissed her and I knew right then at that moment how special this girl was to me. That car ride home, knowing I wouldn't be able to see her for 3 months, was the saddest of my life.
When I came back from the school the first time we got closer still, and as the year went on I began to come home more and more to see her. Finally summer came, we were dating, and that brings me to where I am now.
She is gorgeous. Hahaha I know that is a little blunt, but its entirely true. Long dark hair, beautiful green eyes, and one of the best smiles I have ever seen. She is funny, smart, fun to be around, and one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Her personality is what really sets her apart from every other girl I have ever talked to. As high as my expectations were for her, she went above and beyond them in so many ways and really blew me away. As you can probably tell, I care about her very much.
As I get closer to go to school, and she gets ready to go to school about 6 hours away from mine, I realize how important every minutes I am with her is. Going to school, that last day before I leave, is going to be one of the hardest days of my life. I can't even put into words how much I am going to miss her, but I will make every effort to see her as much as I possibly can this semester. I can honestly say that so far I have made the most out of every opportunity I have had to be with her this summer, and that there were a few times we spent together that I can honestly consider some of the best times of my life.
This goes back to everything I always say about appreciation. Everything I talk about in reference to how time is short, and how we need to cherish every second we have. I know you all probably have some one special in your lives. For some of you its a wife or husband, for others a boyfriend or girlfriend, and for some, its a girl or guy you have not even said hello to yet, but you just know. My advice is this, tell them how you feel before its too late. Let them know what they mean to you and if it truly comes from your heart you will never make them uncomfortable. If they are special to you, please let them know. We all need to appreciate the important people we have in our lives, I know I do.

1 comment:

  1. Awww... That was romantic :) I wish my husband talked that nice about me LOL... Just remember school doesn't last forever. Soon it will be over and you guys will never have to leave each other again. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete